Thursday, May 1, 2008

Goats

I seriously want some goats. I've been wanting some goats for some time now. Being in the city limits, though, there is an ordinance against having farm animals, dammit all. Once we get some land in the country, though...

I don't know why I have this thing for goats. Maybe it's because I'm a Capricorn. Maybe it's just because I'm a little bit odd. Whatever it is, I just think goats are kind of cool. Think of the benefits. They're a petrol-free alternative to keeping the grass low. Of course, I'm sure they keep other forms of landscaping down, too, but we have Huskies, so gardening and pretty flowers have never been a big deal at our place. And what about goat milk and cheese? I never really gave serious thought to becoming a goat dairy farmer, but hey...it might be entertaining and enlightening.

Goats just seem to have a presence. And those pygmy goats...is there anything cuter?

Speaking of goats, take a gander at these guys, Myotonic, or fainting, goats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGz97dxGHV8&feature=related

What a hoot! I don't think it would be a good idea for us to have them, though. They would constantly be keeling over with the Huskies romping around, howling and yodeling. No, I think we need some goats who can give the Huskies a good head butt in the, well, butt, from time to time, just to keep them in line!

No comments: