Thursday, May 29, 2008

PRAY FOR ME!

Time to start the Litany of Patron Saints of Crazy Mothers...it's the last FULL day of school, then it's time to start summer vacation. After a short day tomorrow, I will officially start the countdown until the start of the next school year.

Okay, it's not THAT bad. Admittedly, summer is not my favorite season, but that has more to do with the weather. Heat and I don't get along very well. Of the two brothers, Snow Miser is definitely the one I prefer. Wouldn't you know that Global Warming would have to happen in my lifetime. Just my luck! Naturally, this means that the kids clamor to go to the pool EVERY SINGLE DAY. I believe that Rebekah might be part mermaid, and I keep looking for signs that she's growing fins and gills.

I believe in looking at the bright side, though. Our pool is not crowded, and it has a shaded area where I can sit and read in peace. The kids are both good swimmers, the pool has a full-time lifeguard, and from my vantage point, I can still keep an eye on them. I am SO happy that they are no longer so young that I have to stay right beside them the entire time. Life can be good!

In other news, I am seriously considering formally studying Theology. Keep on the lookout for signs of the Apocalypse!

No comments: