Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Sinless Son

Well, for a brief time he was, anyway. John Patrick and his classmates had their First Reconciliation on Thursday morning, and I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall to hear the incredibly grave sins that these hardened juvenile delinquents had to Confess to the good Monsignor! As we parents sat there in the church, we watched child after child enter the room for Confession with looks of high anxiety on their faces and exit a few minutes later with large grins. We asked J.P. what he thought of it, and he answered, "It was fun!" Now, I never really thought of Confession as "fun," but it is certainly not the the hellfire and brimstone event that it used to be a generation ago. I went just two weeks ago, with the same priest, and it was a positive experience. If this same priest could make a 39 year old wife and mother feel better after the Sacrament, then he certainly could make a group of 2nd graders have a positive experience, and evidently he did.

Now, we are heading toward First Communion on April 13th! The next couple of months promise to be busy.

The dogs are acting like their usual canine selves. Yesterday, Skyy decided to slip out of her collar when we were getting out of the car after I took the kids to school. She took off like a bat out of Hell, and I was busy getting Mojo out of the car and walking him into the house. I called my mom and asked if Robert, my step dad, could help me chase the hyper Russian bitch down. As I was walking back out after I settled Mojo down, Robert called. Skyy had run straight up to my mom's house, about 1/4 mile away, and was standing by their fence when Robert walked outside, probably lured there by my mom's own pack of Siberian psychos, especially the males. See, I think Skyy is about ready to go into heat again soon. Oh joy. I told some friends that I think Prancer, my mom's Alpha Male, sends out a signal, kind of like the Bat Signal, in the sky, and my Skyy was answering it! Prancer is quite the studly Sibe with his striking red and white good looks, green eyes, and full mask.

Due to Skyy's super rowdy behavior, I have had to put my books out of her reach. Well, she's not the main culprit. Mojo is, with his puppy teething. I know that Byron loved his animals, too, but I really am not thrilled about my dogs trying to eat my Byron books. I do hope the poet, in his grave, understands the canine teeth marks marking his books.

I have one final remark this evening. Alchemy chocolate infused vodka is the ultimate sipping experience.

No comments: