Monday, February 11, 2008

The Pod People Have Stolen My Kids!

We went to the mall yesterday, an act that surely shaved at least ten years off my Purgatory. I purely despise the mall, especially on the weekend, but the kids needed some new shoes. After we struck out at a couple of other places, the darling Czech Pecker and I reluctantly trudged toward The Mall with all of the enthusiasm of French nobility toward the guillotine.

Kids Foot Locker was a painful experience. Crowded, did not have the sizes we needed. However, J.P. did come away with one pair of shoes. After a bit more searching, Rebekah found a pair. And then we grabbed a bite to eat.

Where do the Pod People come in, you ask? Throughout the entire afternoon, J.P. and Rebekah BEHAVED! They did not fight each other, they were huggy and kissy with the Czech Pecker and me, they did not fuss when we said we were there to buy shoes only and not a bunch of other things, like webkinz. We had some intelligent conversations with them, They were sweethearts.

This morning, when I took them to school, this behaviour continued. THAT is the scary part. My kids, especially my daughter, are not morning people. However, we left early enough to make a Starbucks stop where they chose some juice and banana loaf bread (Rebekah) and Vanilla pound cake (J.P.), and they chatted all the way to school. Again, no fussing with each other.

The aliens have surely landed. Stay tuned. This afternoon will be telling when I pick them up.

No comments: