Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Sky is Falling

Maybe that's an exaggeration, but as I sit here and write this, there is a storm a'blowing out there. Ah, Spring is around the corner, it is. I'm sitting snug on my sofa, under my son's fleece John Deere blanket because my Kentucky blanket is in the dryer, dammit, with these two Shih Tzus huddled next to me like furry little rats. Scaredy cats. Kids are off to school, dropped off by the darling Czech Pecker, and the temptation to crawl back into bed and sleep for another hour or two is SO strong.

A few random thoughts for today:

The darling Czech Pecker is THE best husband in the world, even if I do plan our divorce at least once a month and get the urge to whack him across the head once a week. Please note: I never act on those urges.

I love my dogs, but why did they have to eat the taco kit yesterday?

My kids are funny and growing up to be smartasses just like their mom and dad. This makes me proud.

I am so excited about going to Atlanta on Friday with Rebekah to meet my friend Sunny and her daughters at American Girl and staying there Friday night to have a girls' night. I wish the other Heifers could join us.

I wonder how I should prepare that roast for dinner this evening?

They say I have ADD, but they don't understand. Oh look...there's a bird flying by my window!

I need to finish laundry. Not my favorite task.

It is nearly time to gather my courage and crawl out from under the blanket and face the work of the day. Such is the life of a Kept Woman!

No comments: