Friday, June 13, 2008

More About Summer

I've decided that some animals have it backwards. You know how bears and some other animals actually hibernate during the winter? I am going to petition for my right to hibernate during the summer because I FREAKIN' HATE THE HEAT! There. I feel better now that I screamed that. Now, where is that bag of frozen asparagus that I had on my neck in my attempt to cool down?

It's not ALL bad news around here. I have actually LOST weight! Don't ask me how much in terms of pounds because I don't own a set of scales so I never know my exact weight until I go to the doctor. Even then, I try to hide my eyes. No, I go by how my clothing fits, and I am happy to say that some pants that started out only slightly loose 3 weeks ago nearly landed around my ankles as I was walking across a parking lot a few days ago. While this would have been a rather embarrassing situation had it actually happened, and I probably would have scared the wits out of anyone who may have witnessed it, I am happy to place several more outfits into my charity box. Today, I am wearing a pair of shorts that, two years ago I couldn't wear at all, and three weeks ago were uncomfortably tight. Today, they are slightly loose. But the best part? My face is getting thinner! Yay! I really need to change my picture soon.

I'm also anxiously waiting for a bag that I ordered from Bolsa Bonita. I am a handbag and tote ho, so when a friend from a message board that I am on frequently posted about her bags at Bolsa Bonita, I gave into the temptation and browsed. And purchased. I bought the Lady of Guadalupe satchel. I cannot wait for its arrival! I also have my eyes on several other designs, including a delicious hipster with a Dia de los Muertos theme and a cute handbag in stunning colours with camels and the Sphinx on it.

Honestly, books or handbags...I don't know which one is going to get me into more trouble!

1 comment:

nettiemac said...

I'm with you. I'm a two-season gal -- Spring and Fall (and Fall is my favorite). Summer -- I enjoy but I hate the heat!