Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Welcome, Summer

It's official...summer is here. The kids made the Honor Roll, and that proves that they do, indeed, have brains. I wonder sometimes, but there is the proof. We've already hit the pool a couple of times, and my skin is starting to turn toasty tan. I may be lighter than some of my family, but I thank the Genetic Gods who passed on the ability to at least look darker than the wife of the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

In other news, the darling Czech Pecker and I have been driving all over the area, contributing to the profits of the Great Oil Barons, searching out areas where we might want to purchase a few acres for The Funny Farm and The Dog Pack. We've narrowed it down to a couple of places, and, God and the real estate market willing, we will be putting a down payment down in August and hopefully will be out of this house and have it up for sale soon after that! We have a lot of work ahead of us, but I am really excited about the prospect of moving and building a new place.

Tomorrow, we have a small family reunion happening here in town! We have some cousins from Kentucky and from Germany meeting here, and we are getting together for a picnic. This will be the first time we've met the German side in person. It's always fun meeting new family. Hopefully, we won't scare the bejeesus out of them!

1 comment:

nettiemac said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Summer is here, and I'm so ready.

PS: I may have to postpone doing water aerobics at least until I learn to self-wrap for this "Karloff" treatment..... :D :D It's either that, or wear Hefty bags underwater!