Monday, July 28, 2008

The Countdown Begins...

Wow, it has crept up on me, but it is nearly time for school to start. Can we all say YAY?! Three weeks from today, J.P. returns to school, starting the 3rd grade, and 3 weeks from Wednesday, Rebekah will begin her middle school career. We did our school supply shopping this past weekend. We are now set with uniforms, books, and school supplies. Now, if only the weather would realize that we are moving closer to Fall and start to cool down.

Let me tell you, school cannot start too soon for me. J.P. is trying to turn the living room into a combination tool room/storage room for God-knows-what. He also just got a stuffed parrot that repeats what you say in a high pitched voice, almost like it has sucked a helium balloon. He delights in holding this thing up to everyone and the TV so it can repeat things. Oh, and he named the parrot Turd. He carries Turd everywhere so Turd can speak. Turd is about to drive me insane. Earlier today, I threatened to kick Turd's ass. Turd squawked back at me, in a perfect, high-pitched Kentucky accent, "I'm gonna kick yer ass! I'm gonna kick yer ass!"

PARENTING TIP OF THE DAY FROM THE WITCH AND THE DARLING CZECH PECKER: Sometimes, survival as a parent depends on a well-stocked wine bar and liquor cabinet.

No comments: