Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mini-Me!

Rebekah, my mini-me, is 11 years old today, speeding ever closer to the teen years. Believe me, it's obvious by her sassy mouth. It seems like just yesterday that my mom, the darling Czech Pecker, and I were on our way to St. Joseph's Women's Hospital in Tampa, Florida, listening to the song "Hell" by Squirrel, Nut, Zipper. Boy, was that ever a fitting song. Not for the labor and delivery, mind you, but for the years following. Delivering a kid is the easy part. Raising it, however, will send a person screaming for the nearest liquor store or the funny farm, whichever is closest!

Seriously, though, she's a cute little mini-me, and most of the time the darling Czech Pecker and I enjoy her smart-ass attitude toward life. It is so much like ours, you see. She's funny, insightful, and not overly tolerant of ostentation or pretension. She makes us laugh. We are thrilled to have the little bratlet in our lives!

So, happy birthday Rebekah Elizabeth Lazurek!

No comments: