Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Yes, the Witch is still lurking around these parts. She hasn't quite melted...I feel happy!

The truth is, I was given the fantastic opportunity to return to the workforce in late October, and I am now actually making myself useful at Catholic Charities. It has taken some time to adapt to a work schedule while still chasing after my Spawns of Satan, i.e. the human children, and the Howling Huskies, Neurotic Shih Tzus, Feline Fuzzies, and now, Billy Bob and Roxie. Billy Bob and Roxie are, respectively, a bunny and a guinea pig. And some people wonder exactly WHY I call this place the Funny Farm.

My abridged version of the holidays...we survived! And there was much rejoicing. YAY! And now, the kids return to school tomorrow, and they are moaning piteously about it. Do I feel sorry for them? Not one bit. My shriveled little black heart is snickering. So much for me being a loving, nurturing mother who sympathizes with her children's woes and travails. I didn't receive the Mother of the Year Award for 2008, and so far, 2009 is not looking all that auspicious, either!

Speaking of parenthood, I will return with The Witch's Parenting Tips soon!

No comments: